Friday, January 9, 2009

such a naked feeling

i forgot my camera
this morning.
part of my routine broke down
and i was down the street already and it was
too cold to go back...
that wind....
though i hesitated.

i found myself looking at the city
differently, not wanting
to see anything worth shooting.
wondering if this would be the day
a building would collapse
or burst into flames
as i walked by
or an alien would board
the #1 train
at fourteenth street...

so instead i kept my head down and
found this lovely
post christmas
urban collage for the taking...

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I empathize with your morning without camera! All's well that ends well, though, and your found treasure is more than a simple band-aid, it's a work of art.

    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we share a brain - or at least a thinking style. Your words sound like something I'd hear inside my head. In fact, I've said these same things to myself - only not as poetically.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...