Thursday, February 26, 2009

all about the music


'playlist'


foisted on an unsuspecting me
this
was the challenge:
detail the 15 albums that changed your life.
The ones with the power to transport you.
the ones that consumed you.

i began with the beatles because i thought that was,
for me, where (despite tubby the tuba, peter pan,
camelot, hans christian andersen and my fair lady, et. al)
the music began. I googled album covers which lead
to the madness of the completest:
recreate the playlist that was/is my life.
don't even ask me about the track list. it isn't finished
and i'm trying to ignore it.

then came the obsession with songs remembered from
the radio, from before the age of buying music
...early rock and roll. hits of the fifties.
which lead to more list making.
it's neverending
much like blogging itself,
and also: no rhyme, no reason.

3 comments:

  1. you may hate me for showing you this but i found it last night and immediately thought of you and your album cover project...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nealbingham/3244458741/in/pool-selfportraitchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW
    that
    is
    a
    true
    work
    of
    art!
    ELK

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I want to be in America, okay for me in America, everything free in America, for a small fee in America" .
    Hey, Officer Krupke, we're down on our knees...
    No ? Not on your list ? That's okay, because I still want to hang your work of art on my wall -
    "Thanks for the memories, da da dadada, da da dadada"
    leseve

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...