Monday, March 30, 2009

dan seals

i fell into country music
when i fell in love with the southwest
on my first visit
more than twenty years ago.
there was the desert and
there was a cowboy
(isn't there always?)
and on the plane on the way home
the country music channel
gave me some tunes to look up.

the cassettes were piled high
back then
and there was a great
country music station
in the city
which awakened me
and sang me to sleep.

when that station stopped broadcasting
my total immersion ended but i've
retained a love of the sounds of country.

dan seals was a favorite
and this was my favorite dan seals song,
here sung live with cheryl wheeler
another favorite.

dan seals died last wednesday
at the age of 61
of lymphoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...