Thursday, May 20, 2010

the meaning of yogurt

i buy yogurt at whole foods.
their 365 brand.
plain, nonfat.
usually ten containers at a time
for two weeks at work.
each morning
i grab a container
and a packet of fruit and nuts
and toss it into my tote. breakfast.



each day this week
removing that container from the fridge
has been the single most poignant gesture
of my day.

six containers remain in my fridge.
they represent the last six days
of my employment.

(contingent on my application
for a buyout being approved
which will happen - or not -
on monday. keep your
fingers crossed)

i'm filled with trepidation
and delight.

30 years.
six containers.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! That's big! I hope everything works out how you want it to. I'm crossing my fingers for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 years! that's huge.... I too wish you well.

    take care and remember that change can be for the better.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more for this week...exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fingers are crossed for you. Enjoy those last six containers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers are crossed. Good luck on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my fingers are crossed....
    can't wait to hear what you are going to do with you life.
    i'm sure it will be filled with interesting adventures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers, toes, eyes, hair EVERYTHING CROSSED!! Putting the champagne on ice too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the best - sending good luck vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 30 years is pretty amazing.Good luck! I wish you all the best.***Finger crossed***

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...