Monday, January 17, 2011

i'm a drawing fool...

i don't seem to be taking
many photographs lately
and when i do, as with my
sweet potato hash with chicken,
poached eggs and hollandaise
(below) at mesa grill
i only take the photograph
so that i can draw the eggs
after i've eaten them.
(they were delish)



so here are my latest
drawings from the
everyday matters list, to wit

7. draw a bottle, jar or tin
from your kitchen

when i travel i love to browse
grocery store aisles.
the supermarket in queens
near where my mom lives caters
to a large latin american community
and some aisles make me feel
i'm in another country.
i can't resist the packaging...

8. draw your watch or other
piece of jewelry







12 comments:

  1. I especially like your jewelry--it's amazing how you have given it life !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketches, I especially like the beads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying watching you draw the early EDM Challenges. I did them so long ago, but my drawings still live in my brain, even though I can't remember what I had for lunch 3 days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I could draw like you I'd leave my camera behind too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your drawing! I'm always inspired to see someone pick up a pen and just get to it. Great Blog...I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sketches...looking forward to seeing the food sketch- the photos making me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  7. So you eat your subject matter? Good drawings. Some playful, others drawn in a firm hand. I too like to shop at the ethnic stores and then try out new things. We don't consider the Mexican stores ethnic here because 50% of our population is Latino. I have the hardest time figuring out some of my purchases from the Vietnamese food store we have because of the many nail salons here. I will be back to look at more of your art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful drawings! I really enjoyed looking around your blog here. Very inspiring creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great drawings, love the jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great sketches! I love the bracelet with the color added!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...