Saturday, April 23, 2011

auction houses vs. galleries


auction houses are dangerous.
at galleries i don't often think "i could buy that"
but the seductively 'reasonable' lower end estimates
on auction house labels give me ideas.
like i could own a picasso ceramic plate.
or a matisse etching.


the picasso ceramics auction is at christie's
on wednesday. in case anyone feels generous
i'm partial to bird imagery...







p.s. I originally posted my own iphone shots but went to the christie's site to check something and their shots were so much nicer. these are theirs.

1 comment:

  1. These photos are wonderful! Your photo fixing skills getting the perfect plate with plain background are amazing!

    I loved the whole set of black and white luncheon size plates. But my favorite piece was the Woman Lamp - which didn't look like a lamp. I sketched and painted it - and it might wind up on my blog someday soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...