Tuesday, April 12, 2011

here's what i mean

when i worry about too much processing...


a restaurant on union square had trashed some
dogwood. i took photos but thought it might be fun
to scan the blooms so i brought some branches home.

i scanned them on the flatbed and played around
in photoshop elements - such a seductive,
powerful tool - for, oh, let's just say more than an hour.
created a new texture, some brushes. picked blooms from
one take and added them to another. added a layer of
many blooms. toned, lightened and so on as one does.

i kind of like the result (above)

but then i looked at the original image.
granted they're apples and oranges.
still i think (as usual) i prefer the simple,
elegant version. opinions?

9 comments:

  1. Nice job with the scanning and manipulations. I like the depth in the top piece however the single branch is just, well, simplicity itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. simplicity itself, indeed!
    just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love both, and like the fun and creativity you had with it. that's part of the point, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm, yah, I see what you mean. I think I like the simpler one too, but I really liked the first image until I saw the second one. Funny, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like what the top one does to my eyes, makes them travel in out and around, good movement and depth.
    xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both. One is an apple, one is an orange. I want both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. both are really cool....IF i have to pick just one, i'd say the first one that got played with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are lovely - but I do prefer the simple photo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...