Sunday, November 6, 2011

week 2 was collage

the second week of my autumn
snow farm trip was alexandra sheldon's
collage class.
i shouldn't be telling you this since her
classes always fill up quickly and i intend to
go again next year but i've wanted to take this class
for years and it didn't disappoint.

for more images from the class go here

some of the eleven of us

first steps:
1. tear colors from magazines to choose a palette
2. mix acrylics

these are some of alexandra's
swatches and colors

and her painted papers on the wall

cutting out shapes

colors and shapes

alexandra

the remains of the day

my workspace



first three collages: cards

class cards on display

a collage at random:
the newsprint under the papers i was painting

workspace: another view

final display of my work

4 comments:

  1. What fun! There are some wonderful little gems there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your work. That looks like a total blast collaging with a class.
    xoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful cards!!! that was one of my favorite days....and i continue to make my own collage cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still so inspired by what I saw in the studio that day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...