Wednesday, November 21, 2012

where was i? an update


where indeed.
where am i,
rather, is the question.
betwixt for sure
and somewhat between.

in the between
i did go to the so called
meta monumental garage sale at MoMA




about which the less said
in these parts
the better
lest we discuss the emperor,
and his lack of clothing
or question the legitimacy
of performance art.
you can read more here if you must, or here

when i returned home
after the electricity & water were restored
i had an unrelated-to-the-storm
steam leak in the wall between my
bathroom & kitchen
necessitating the tearing apart of the kitchen,
and the wall
and reassembling of its pieces which,
for some reason didn't quite fit where they once were...
how is that?
and the sloppy refurbishing
of the bathroom ceiling

and

daily visits to my mom
at rehab lo these four weeks.
good news/bad news on that:
the good news is that the facility is two blocks from my apartment.
the bad news is that (let's all say it together)
the facility is two blocks from my apartment.

she's meant to be
discharged on nov. 30
with a large question mark after the
THEN WHAT
in my head.

home health aides for certain,
assisted living perhaps...

being the only child never sucked so much.
sigh.




5 comments:

  1. wishing you many things to be thankful for during this thanksgiving weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your mom continues to improve and that you have a happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, was wondering about you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read your post about your mother. (Catching up after the holidays...) I am an only child. My mother required home health aids and finally, assisted living. The assisted living was six minutes from my house. (Good news/bad news, as you so perfectly put it.) The whole point to this comment is, I UNDERSTAND. I feel for you. I am an only child, too, and it does suck. There is no one to share the load/pain/fear/angst/worry/hope/despair. it's all on you. And you want so much to do everything perfectly. And to have a life. To take a deep breath without a hitch in your throat. I UNDERSTAND. I get it. You are not alone.
    Catholic Services (I am not nor never have been Catholic) were my Godsends. They had so many resources and good advice and they held my hand a little, too. Maybe you could use their help?
    Assisted living is to be preferred over home health workers because it was my experience that there are no angels in home health care. Many trolls, some well-meaning but ineffective sorts, some just clueless.
    There. No more advice. Just wanted you to know that I understand and I get it and I am so sorry.
    Hugs from the NW.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found you through the Art Blog Directory. Hoping all goes well with your mom's transition and yours! I too visited the Monumental Garage Sale and had reading between the lines had the exact same thoughts as you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...